Thursday, December 3, 2020 / by Vanessa Saunders
By Vanessa Saunders, MBA, MIMC , Broker Owner, Global Property Systems Real Estate.
Ahh, December. The time when no buyer schedules viewings and no seller wants them to. "Take my house off the market 'til after the holidays" has been the prevailing Grinchy attitude for decades among home sellers during the holidays. But it can't be anymore. Things have changed, and the Grinch's way of dealing with the holidays by taking his home off the market no longer works.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait to sell your house this holiday season:
- Buyers are active now. Mortgage rates are historically low, providing motivation for those who are ready to get more for their money over the life of their home loan.
- Purchasers who look for homes during the holidays are serious ones, and they’re ready to buy.
- You can restrict the showings in your house to days and times that are most convenient for you, or even select virtual options. You’ll remain in control, especially in today’s sellers’ market.
- Homes decorated for the holidays appeal to many buyers.
- Today, there’s minimal competition for you as a seller. There just aren’t enough houses on the market to satisfy buyer demand, meaning sellers are in the driver’s seat. Over the past year, inventory has declined to record lows, making it the opportune time to sell your house
So don't market your home like a Grinch during the holidays. Embrace the season for what it has become: prime time for sellers.
<a href="https://form.jotform.com/203214361319143" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"><img class="aligncenter" src="https://www.globalpropertysystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Thinking-of-Buying-or-Selling-Graphic-1-1024x576.jpg" width="344" height="194" /></a>